CLSI is seeking a Project Engineer/Senior Designer to work on diverse civil engineering projects and assist Project Managers with transforming client’s ideas and desires into a permit and feasible project. This position supports the Project Manager as needed, with plan preparation, design changes and reports. The position is also required to learn and be proficient in CLSI office practices, standards and company specific software programs. Must be dependable, goal oriented, and work within a team. Positions of advancement within the company are available.
Education and Experience:
- Must be proficient in CAD.
- Five or more years of experience related to the design and construction of land planning in the engineering field.
- Experience in Storm Water Management and floodplain studies is desirable.
- Experience in reading and interpreting documents and plans (i.e., specifications, government standards, etc.).
- Knowledge of MicroStation, Eagle Point, InRoads, HecRas, TR-55, TR-20 is desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare rough sketches and perform mathematical computations to develop design and work out detailed specifications of components.
- Apply knowledge along with current standards and sound engineering practices in using conventional and computerized work aids to prepare designs.
- Perform preliminary and advanced work in development of layouts and final drawings, adequate for detailing parts and units of design for new proposals and current designs.
- Meet customer and project deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task when handling multiple projects.
- Complete assignments efficiently, in a timely and complete manner as required by the Project Manager and budget dictates.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and local jurisdictional permitting regulations.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org