Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLSI is seeking a Designer/Survey Technician to work in coordination with Project Managers and Engineers on diverse civil engineering projects.This position supports the Project Engineer as needed, with plan preparation, design changes and reports. Designer/Survey Technicians are responsible for project completion. The position is required to learn and be proficient in CLSI office practices, standards and company specific software programs. Must be dependable, goal oriented, and work within a team. Positions of advancement within the company are available.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the design and construction of land planning relative to engineering/surveying practices.
- Must be proficient in CAD.
- Experience with
- Experience in on-site septic system design.
- Experience in grading and sediment control.
- Knowledge of Stormwater Management is desirable.
- Experience in reading and interpreting documents and plans (i.e., specifications, government standards, etc.).
- Knowledge of MicroStation, InRoads, Eagle Point, TR-55, TR-20 is desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare rough sketches and perform mathematical computations to develop design and work out detailed specifications of components.
- Apply knowledge along with current standards and sound engineering/surveying practices in using conventional and computerized work aids to prepare designs.
- Perform preliminary and advanced work in development of layouts and final drawings, adequate for detailing parts and units of design for new proposals and current designs.
- Meet customer and project deadlines.
- Must be able to multi-task when handling multiple projects.
- Complete assignments efficiently, in a timely and complete manner as required by the Project Manager and Senior Designer and budget dictates.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.